UPDATES is a monthly email newsletter on stormwater management, assessment (including monitoring), and maintenance research at St. Anthony Falls Laboratory and the University of Minnesota.
Or Text SWUPDATES to 22828 to Join. Message and data rates may apply.
January 2011 (volume 6 - issue 1)
- January 12-13, 2011: Stormwater U Education Program: P8 Modeling for Reviewers and Modelers (Minneapolis, MN): This workshop is a 2-day course that will introduce you to the fundamentals of water quality modeling with a focus on P8 Urban Catchment Model. P8 is a water quality model for simulating pollutant generation and treatment in urban areas. This course will provide presentations, and hands-on exercises that will introduce you to the Windows version of the P8 model. The course will cover model assumptions, limitations, and application.
- January 14, 2011: Stormwater U Education Program: Underground Stormwater Treatment Devices Workshop (Minneapolis, MN): Learn about underground stormwater treatment devices (hydrodynamic separators/HDS). Discuss case studies and learn about the national issues relating to HDS. Gain practical knowledge on sizing, modeling, construction, installation, and inspection of HDS. Plus vendors' perspectives and examples of practical applications of HDS.
- January 26, 2011: 37th Annual Collection System Operators Conference (Brooklyn Park, MN): Iron Enhanced Filter Trenches (R. Bintner and A. Erickson)
- February 24-25, 2011: International Conference on Stormwater and Urban Water Systems Modeling (Toronto, CA)
- Capturing dissolved pollutants from stormwater (A. Erickson)